If you’d like to find out more about my proofreading services, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am happy to provide you with a quote – the cost will depend on how much work is needed and how long it will take me. My pricing is based on the minimum hourly rates suggested by the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading. I’ll need some details (including subject, description, word count and deadline) and a sample of your text (ideally a few pages from the middle of your document) – I can then send you an accurate, competitive quote.
Please do get in touch with me for a free, no-obligation quote – I’d love to hear from you!
Terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to any work done for the Client by the Freelancer.
- The Client is under no obligation to offer the Freelancer work; neither is the Freelancer under any obligation to accept work offered by the Client.
- The Freelancer will provide service(s) as mutually agreed, confirmed in writing by the Client.
- The work will be carried out unsupervised at such times and places as determined by the Freelancer, using her own equipment.
- The Freelancer confirms that she is self-employed, is responsible for her own income tax and National Insurance contributions, and will not claim benefits granted to the Client’s employees.
- The Client will reimburse the Freelancer for agreed reasonable expenses over and above usual expenses incurred in the process of editorial work.
- The Client will pay the Freelancer a fee per 1,000 words OR an agreed flat fee for the job.
- The completed work will be delivered on or before the date agreed, for the agreed fee, which will be based on the description of the work required and the brief, both supplied by the Client.
- If, however, on receipt of the item to be worked on or at an early stage, it becomes apparent that significantly more work is required than had been anticipated in the preliminary discussion/brief, the Freelancer may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
- Similarly, if, during the term of the Freelancer’s work, additional tasks are requested by the Client, the Freelancer may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
- If the project is lengthy, the Freelancer may invoice periodically for completed stages.
- Any content created by the Freelancer as part of the proofreading/editing process will become the copyright of the Client, unless otherwise agreed.
- The nature and content of the work will be kept confidential and not made known to anyone other than the Client and its contractors without prior written permission.
- Unless agreed otherwise at the outset, payment will be made within 30 days of receipt of the Freelancer’s invoice, according to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 (amended 2002 and 2013).
- Either the Client or the Freelancer has the right to terminate a contract for services if there is a serious breach of its terms.
- The Freelancer may use the Client’s name in her promotional material.
- This agreement is subject to the laws of England and Wales [or Scots or Northern Ireland law, as appropriate], and both Freelancer and Client agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh [or Scots or Northern Ireland] courts.